How do you find a new job?
Getting nowhere with finding a job? Low confidence, stressed and tired from applying for jobs and not hearing back? Stuck in your current job and worried you might never find anything better?
I have teamed up with my fellow CDANZ colleague and local career practitioner, Gabrielle Riley of CareerTalk. Thanks to funding from South Wairarapa District Libraries, we are running two free workshops in June to help job seekers increase their chances of success.
Why is my job search not working?
The job market has changed so much in the last year that traditional methods of finding a job are no longer working. Relying on a scattergun approach of mailing out the same CV to every advertised vacancy will only result in rejection and dejection.
In these workshops we’ll give you up-to-the minute info on the local job market, why traditional job search methods no longer work and what new methods will increase your chances of success. You will learn how to write a modern CV that not only demonstrates why you are a good fit for the role but also increases your confidence and prepares you to shine at interview.
Job Seeker Workshops
Job Search Strategy Workshop – Greytown Library – Saturday 12th June 10am to 12pm. You will learn how to:
- Plan your job search strategy
- Research & target employers
- Master online applications & job boards
- Tap into the hidden job market
- Get the best from recruitment agencies
The CV and Cover Letter Writing Workshop – Greytown Library – Saturday 19th June 10am to 12pm. You will learn how to:
- Research roles and employers that are the best fit for you
- Quantify your strengths with supporting evidence
- Stop job adverts making you feel inadequate and how to get the best out of them
- Write a clear, concise and connected CV and cover letter
- Increase your confidence
These workshops are free and open to everyone. Places are limited to keep group sizes small. To register and receive your welcome invite go to www.wls.org.nz